I just received mail wishing me "Good Luck!" for my study session today. I always feel guilty because I'm dragging my studying out as much as possible. I wake up determined, and by the time I've finished my tea I flake out on myself. It's a bad habit I REALLY need to kick! It's hard to find a study partner, one who's willing to stick with you, and are also serious about learning Japanese. The Boy is helping me, gradually. However he never corrects any mistakes - but I never correct his either. It seems if I correct him, it confuses him more, and I feel he needs the pronunciation more so.
Has anyone else ever found it difficult to try teach their mother tongue, only to become tongue tied in how you pronounce it? For starters I have a really strong dialect and I never sound typically British either.
Small 29 Q Meme
1. What time did you get up this morning?
Around 9am. I had mail from the Monster and K.
2. How do you like your steak?
I'm fussy with most red meats, if it's bleeding I not touch it. So I usually ask for it very well done.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
More than likely SAW. I don't really attend cinemas very much.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Sadly, I don't watch much TV either.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Anywhere, I would be torn. Of course top choice would be Tokyo without a doubt.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
A cup of tea! Fuck yeah!
7. What is your favourite food?
I was just about to say 'Pasta' and then realised my new found hate for it.
8. What food do you dislike?
Pork, tinned beans. Beans. UGGH.
9. What is your favourite place to eat?
I don't have one favourite place! I really like Spring Water, but we only go there for special occasions.
10. What is your favourite dressing?
Stop talking about food! Not fair --- I'm really picky about dressings, but I had a really nice one in Japan however.
11. What are your favourite clothes?
Long vest, anything baggy to the point where I look like I'm walking around with no pants on.
12. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Possibly Europe --- yes I 'live' in Europe, but I want to see the rest!
13. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
If I have been drinking, then half empty. Sod all that pessimist or optimist crap. If you've been drinking from the cup it's EMPTY. Realist, ok?
14. Favourite time of day?
It all depends on what I have been doing, or going to be doing.
15. Favourite sport to watch?
Weirdly, Horse racing. I'm rather excited the Olympics are soon - but ashamed of what London will offer. Kill me.
16. Favourite fragrance?
At the moment, I really love 'Let it Rock' by Vivienne Westwood. But I love Jean Paul Gaultier 'Kokorico' and 'Le Male' ... Mens genuinely smell.. better, okay?
17. Favourite fruit/vegetable?
Overall, watermelon! I love watermelon. Vegetable, uhm -- sweet peas.
18. People watcher?
I am indeed, but discreetly.
19. Are you a morning or night person?
Usually a morning person, as much as I groan about it.
20. Do you have any pets?
Not personally. But I live with four cats. Mia, Milly, Sid and Nancy.
21. Any new & exciting news to share?
Yes! However~ that is for me to know and you to find out!
22. Any pet peeves?
P L E N T Y
23. Favourite flower?
24. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Kinda, yes and no. Please refer back to #21.
25. Last vacation?
March 2012, Tokyo.
26. Last person you went out to diner with?
27. Favourite colour?
Monotone right now.
28. How many tattoos do you have?
Only 1. I'm carefully planning other tattoos in my head. Tattoos are part of you for ever so they need to be carefully thought of!
29. What habit or habits do you need to stop?
Wow, it's difficult. I perhaps need to stop bitching so much.