1 January 2013

My Year: 2012

Deep thinking always commences in the shower -- right? I'm not the only one who does this, I know. But I came up with an interesting and very fun blog so I can reflect on this year, so a pre-warning that this may get very lengthy and picture heavy!! ( ̄▽ ̄;) I will link back to various parts of my blog also for those who want to read further into my mayhem.

January:  This was probably one of the most boring months, I had already paid for my secret trip to Japan (In March) so January was a slow start to this year. Waiting, saving.. same old same. To be honest, January's are ALWAYS boring, right? Even though it's a fresh new year and we all set goals and aspirations -- the majority of mine had flopped progressively through the year too.

February: The month of ~love~ but we also had snow, and I love snow. Everyone should love snow. February was the shortest month but of course it felt like the longest, counting down the days until I would leave for Japan. Oh and let's not forget, this is when I picked up my "Band Promotion" work being cheeky with the Guitarist of DELeTE, Koki. Who came and went as quickly as the snow. But the work continued and I had arranged to work directly with the band in March. The most exciting news for February!
 
Sid in the Snow!

March: Japan! For the, third time? Oh.. I finally made a couple new Friends! One who I met again later this year, Ku. March was such an exciting month because I had so many things planned while I was out in Japan. Some plans flopped, and some plans were just even better than expected. For the first time I went to Tokyo Disney too! I also met DELeTE, working with them I took photos of the live for them too, which was very bizarre and still to this day I am amazed and bewildered that I got the opportunity to meet them.
With the guitarist: Renji.

April: Anyone who spends time abroad, or away from home, knows the "come downs" of returning to reality. I admit, April took me a long time to gather myself and well, due to events previously I was still taken back at the proposal. April is Easter which means - CHOCOLATE, the best remedy. Again I was asked to return to Japan to photograph DELeTE  but it was impossible, instead -- I screen capped their Live Stream. Smart move because no one else did. Also, April 1st was the announcement from An Cafe, that their Hiatus was broken and they would return the same year in September! Japan:GO!GO!

May: I cannot recall much excitement for May. Other than studying Japanese whenever I had the motivation. Seriously this month is so confusing since no where online where I can recap well enough to feedback on May. Did it even exist?

June: 私の猫が死んだ 20120619 -- My Family lost our Cat, Sid. He was suffering and in the end we had decided to put him to sleep as it was best. June was a rather... depressing and slow month. I had been truly annoyed by my work advisor at one point and felt it wasn't his right to judge my appearance or feel the need to tell me how I never look 'enthusiastic'. To be honest, I was thankful when June was over it was the worst month this year so far!

July: Every year my Family will go together away on a "Family Holiday" - most of my Friends seem to have grown up from doing such things, but my Family seem very.. traditional, and we go annually around the UK, this year my Father had decided to go to Isle of Wight. I was on a budget during the Holiday because back in May I had booked myself flights to Japan in... AUGUST. I was very excited for that but so pleased to be going on Holiday within the UK again. It was very quaint in Isle of Wight, such a small Isle that you can tour it within a day if you wanted.
Random Boats at Isle of Wight!

August: Japan! I travelled this time totally alone. I had not told anyone as it was no ones business as to why I was going back to Japan so soon, though those who knew, knew I was travelling to meet my Boyfriend.It was freezing in London, though arriving in Narita, my first step into Japanese summer was like baking myself. My first time in Yokohama, oh and I managed to meet up with Katie and Ku when I visited Tokyo. I went to see N@H first oneman with Katie, which was amazing. I did a lot in August that I linked my whole archive actually, everything from N@H to the Summer BBQ and even the Aquarium!

September: I celebrated my Boyfriends Birthday with him, that was something I have never done, well.. so maturely? He actually told me that he doesn't really celebrate Birthdays, but I went out to purchase him cake and an extra present! I felt really proud of myself, as strange as that sounds. Though staying in Yokohama I developed independence, well~ of course I depended on him a lot too. We also went to see Miku Hatsune, that day was awesome, I took my Boyfriend and Hiro to Akihabara. Then I persuaded them to visit a Maid Cafe with a slight pirate theme! I also worked with DELeTE again, and met with the band previously in August casually and again sometime early October.
DELeTE @ 池袋EDGE!

October: My Birthday! I celebrated it with my new Friends and received so many Gifts! My Boyfriend took me to Yokohama Bay, and we visited the Sky Garden and the amusements there. We realised an influx of people, and went to investigate and realised it was actually Oktoberfest! I kind of celebrated my Birthday twice, which had also included a huge meal out with my Boyfriends Parents, siblings and partners. It was so fun that I was accepted, way-way back in March I had his Parents asking me to visit! We also decided (in August) that in October we would go to Disneyland Sea for Halloween! My first time at Disney Sea! It was such an amazing time! I returned to England, late October, and celebrated Halloween at home, all lonely and depressed.
東京ディズニーシー!

November: The cold realisation that you not be able to see your Boyfriend for at least another year? Depressing. Although I had a trip to London to see my Friend Toni, I hadn't seen her in over a year and I did also miss her too. We saw An Cafe together and ate amazing sushi at 3am! My plans have been non-stop thinking about Japan, which has kind of interrupted with future plans; like Christmas...and looking for a job had totally side lined because of the lack of motivation. It didn't help when my Cat got sick, and desperate at the time I created a ChipIn page to help her. Oh, and DELeTE disbanded also, November was a crappy month really.

December: It is now December and looking back at the months above, my year has been pretty dismal and 'romance afflicted'. I am a little excited for Christmas this year, I think the stress of buying gifts for my Family really grinds you down where you wish it would just be over already. But it's the only time our Family gets together (aside from Birthdays). Although next year I hope for something a little different. I sent D-chan an advent calender, and my Boyfriend a card, though he doesn't celebrate Christmas but this is what he gets for dating me. Aheh~

2013 Goals:
☆ Return to Japan to see my Boyfriend! Of course, this is #1. Although he wants to come to England, shocking. But I want to see all my Friends again in Yokohama!
☆ Continue with self-teaching Japanese, as difficult as it is, I want to aim for a kanji a day (lolweek). But one is better than non. 
☆ Work~ I cannot do much without this, the other week I did miss a call from ONE of the billions of agency I am signed up for, annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment