27 September 2012

(・ω・) 食べるー!

Whenever someone discovers my interest in Japan, the first question that comes to mind is: What do you like about Japan? or Why do you like Japan? Usually it's an easy question for some, but really what do I personally like about Japan? I still can't say hand on heart just ONE thing, and for a Japanese person to ask me I always stumble at the question and feel awkward. 
However! My easiest escape route is to tell people I love Japanese food - traditional Japanese food, and well I always get a good reaction. During my stay, I've had so many new dishes cooked for me, so when I finally go home I will truly miss all these delicious meals. 
It was discovered I had never tried たこ焼き (takoyaki) so my Boyfriend came home with a takoyaki pan and we went out shopping for ingredients. Traditionally it should be cooked with octopus, however I am not a fan of octopus so we opted for our own fillings. Sausage, chicken, shrimp and cheese! We were going to add a ball of wasabi into two - a sort of russain roulette game. Oh! We also put chocolate into a couple as well!
 
We made so many and ate around 20+ pieces each. (T A T)/ But they were so delicious. On a recent dinner event I did eat TRUE takoyaki with octopus filling. I was a little worried about the texture after eating squid once, but it wasn't so bad afterall.
Another popular dish in Japan is, オムライス (omurice) although it is not traditionally a Japanese dish, it is very popular here! It is also relatively easy to make, so I will be sure to try this dish when I am back home!  My Boyfriend enjoys cooking this, and each time he has experimented with the rice~ the first time we had it with a curry!

So onto another delicious food! (non-Japanese) I've recently tried pizza while here in Japan! This is our second pizza shared together and they are SO delicious. Japanese pizza come in a huge assortment of flavours! My personal favourite is teriyaki chicken. But we always opt on the pizza with four different flavours,  which I've recently seen on British menus. We always order from Pizza-la and get home delivery, they also offer a lot of side orders, drinks and even a Children's set meal.

10 comments:

  1. oh my.... now I'm hungry. v_v
    But it really looks sooo good. I never tried octopus till now but I'd love to try takoyaki though. It always looks so delicious and nice. *^*

    And kinda sorry for my lacks of comments... eheh
    I feel kinda guilty because I actually read everything you posted alongside but kinda... forgot to comment on each post... o3o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (≧ω≦)ノ゚ I had wanted to post more photos~ so you would have been super hungry!
      Takoyaki is so good, I'm going to invest in a cooking pan one day.

      Oh! Don't worry, I am also the same when it comes to commenting on posts. But thank you for always reading! ☆

      Delete
  2. Omg i love the stitch at the end. You loom like your havong fun out there. EAT LOTSA GOOD FOOD OK ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (o´ω`o)ノ゙ He was appropriate! Of course! I've gotta!

      Delete
  3. People ask me that question all the time.

    I love Japanese food. My favorites are kitsune udon and okonomiyaki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to an okonomiyaki restaurant, however we opted for the other dishes which was a shame. Next time!

      Delete
  4. hi アリちゃん, thank you for your lovely comment & following back❤❤ I'm looking forward to read more of your adventures ^ω^/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goshh the pizza in Japan always looks oh so good! I love pizza so your picture just made my mouth water XP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the russian roulette take on the takoyaki ^w^, here in New Zealand we have a pizza place that does it.
    Gosh that pizza looks so puffy and delicious o___o

    ReplyDelete